Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me


Hola amigos. Well, today is my special day. I am now 29-years-old. It has been a very beautiful day so far. I received many phone calls from friends and family. My love, has showered me with compliments and teases.

My wonderful co-workers left me the greatest card ever. When I opened it, I was in tears. No! Not moochy tears, but happy tears of course. I laughed and laughed because it was the perfect card. I couldn't believe they actually found something that awesome. You are probably wondering what this great card says. If I tell you it won't seem that exciting, but I'll tell you anyway.

Before I tell you, I have to give you some background information. A couple of months ago, we had a gathering at my job for a colleague that was leaving the company. The menu consisted of Chinese cuisine. Well at the end of the meal, me and a couple of my coolest chica co-workers decided to open our fortune cookies. So before anyone read it out loud, I told everyone about a game I learned during my college years. Every fortune must end with the words in bed.

They all looked at me like I was crazy, but they decided to go ahead and see if it actually made sense like I had told them. So the first girl went and her fortune read "Don't be afraid to take that big step in bed."
After that one everyone laughed and read there fortunes with giggly appease. So I am now the girl who made Chinese fortune cookies dirty.

Well, when I opened my birthday card, I was surprised to see that the card had this in the front. "When NOT to add the words 'In Bed' to your fortune: You will grow closer to your family_ _ or You will achieve career success _ _ or You will meet hundreds of people_ _."

I loved it so much I had to blog about it. Rarely in my life, I have been given a card that made me laugh that much. It's definitely a keeper and all the inscriptions inside from the gals made it all the more special.

Well it is officially 4 days before I say "I do." I can't wait to marry the LOVE of my life. Next time I write, I will be a married woman.

As always, remember to take a zen moment and reflect.

"It is not age that defines you, but wisdom." Zen

No comments: