Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hola Mon Ami (Hello My Friend)

Well, where to begin...this is my first posting so bare with me . I am a bride-to-be or shall I use Bridezilla - the overly obsessed wedding detail machine that is on the verge of man handling everyone and everything (including small pets) around them. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "Give this one a Prozac." But actually, I am just pulling your leg. I'm as much a Bridezilla as Cortney Love is a good actor. I'm actually more on the procrastinating side when it comes to my wedding. The only thing I have done to date is book my reception hall, which really comes with everything: cake, center pieces, matching linens, full bar, and 5 course meal.

The problem is I'm at a halt with doing anything else. I really find myself unmotivated. We do have a meeting with our priest this coming Saturday though. He will finally explain the rules of getting married in a catholic church. Now all we have to do is put our halos on and act like good abiding Christians (hopefully we are better actors then Courtney). Father Frank, our priest, is really cool though. He knows that me and my fiance have been together for a long time and that this christian girl is wearing white more for aesthetic reasons (He, He). But seriously, I am completely honored to have him marry us because he has been part of my fiance's life since he was a child and they have always remained in contact throughout the years. He called me the other day and said that he would make it a beautiful ceremony. And I know it will be. After all, I am marrying a really great man.

For my next post, I will tell you how we got together. It is a really interesting story and of course how he proposed. Unitl next time, take a Zen moment and reflect.

The world is like a mirror you see?
smile and your friends smile back
Japanese Zen saying

5 comments:

Kerri. said...

Oh YAY! You have arrived. I'm glad you're here in the blogosphere, and I plan on being an unmotivated Bridezilla right along with you -- until about a month before the wedding, and then I will completely freak out.

Congrats on your engagement, your wonderful fiance, and your jazzy new blog.

By the by, tomorrow's theme color is "navy blue." I peeked.

Lynn said...

Yay! Welcome to the bloggy world! Very nice beginning .... Can't wait to read more... L

Kerri. said...

Purple. I meant purple.

Monica said...

Welcome! Welcome! We've been waiting for you! Have some tea and crumpets, my dear. No? How about some wedding cake?

Before long you shall be hooked! Addicted! Unable to set your mind free from all the possible things to write about. ah ha ha ha ha ha, she laughed her most evil laugh!

The Chica said...

Thank you for your warm welcoming. The tea and crumpets are lovely. Purple signifies royalty you know. I will gladly join you ladies in a regal appearance come morrow.